Friday 25 April 2008

Nearly there

The layout is pretty much done (just got to decide what to add into that top-right corner), and I've added in a little javascript to dynamically load up the CSS files based on screen resolution. I've even wasted 20 minutes creating a "favicon", which is a really pointless gesture, and almost broke XHTML Strict validation (lower case only apparently).

Only other thing left to do is add in a bunch of icons to display when the blog post loads in, based on its tags (if you can be arsed to look at the page code you'l see a word in comments at the end of the blog post...thats the tag I've assigned it). I need to do a bit more mucking around to see how they are displayed when they come in multiples, however I could live with a single icon being dsplayed.

It all looks comfortably generic, however the main advantage it has is the only real content is;
  1. The header graphic (times 2, one for each resolution)
  2. the backdrop image
  3. A single "blue metal" texture
  4. A default image for the blog posts (a few more of these to be added)
  5. 6 files (4 PHP ones, and 2 CSS ones)
So the total footprint is about 100k, and thats only as the images are not very compressed. I have no idea what would happen if the feeds are not available...either it won't load up, or it will fall over in an ugly and spectacular way...probably both. I should probably add on a "previous posts" section somewhere, jus not sure where yet, as I never considered that when I was working out what the layout was going to be...it does seem a bit daft to show 4 image/video posts, and only 1 blog post...

No comments: